Wide eyed children the world over have been swallowed by a sparkling glittery blue and white snow covered amoeba called Frozen. This amoeba warbles and wobbles into the minds of the kiddies, etches a catchy and intense song into their brains and causes widespread capitalist pandemonium at shopping malls. This CAKE! This is my Frozen princess cake, made for my sweet friend Phanie‘s daughter Chloe’s birthday!
Cool things about Frozen:
1. It’s about the love and super powerful bond between two sisters.
2. It’s not the kiss of some doofus prince that saves the life of one of the sisters, but in fact the true pure love of sisterhood that saves the day.
3. Olaf the snowman is pretty funny. Poor dude fantasizes about hot weather. Reminds me of my melted snowman cake.
4. I like that shade of blue. Pantone should name next year’s colour of the year Frozen Blue.
Uncool things about Frozen:
1. Those princesses are still thinner than icicles. Waistline check, please, Disney. Plus, those little Asian baby girls who looove this movie – their eyes will NEVER be as saucer-big as those princesses. That is some cry-inducing eye envy right there.
2. Prince Hans is a dinkus but you don’t really see that coming, sadly – he seems cute and charming and like he’s a good singer. But NO. He’s a MAJOR WIENER.
3. The trolls are so unpopular. I have never seen one troll toy or doll nor have I seen a “troll from Frozen” cake. Guys, trolls are COOL.
I finally saw Frozen last Spring, on my sister’s Ipad, while I had a bout of coughing induced insomnia. Did I cry a little? Yes, I did. Yes, Frozen is an animated movie. Gimme a cool break – I have two sisters, guys! That love is REAL!
What makes me cry with cuteness even more… is really how much the kids do LOVE this movie, capitalist machine and all – because I remember being a child and glomping on SO hard to:
1. My Little Pony
2. Transfomers (Deep tomboy tendencies)
3. Barbie and the Rockers (WHY does only Ken play guitar!? Sheesh!!)
4.He-man: Masters Of The Universe (He-man’s pageboy haircut! I aspire to it.)
You’re only a kid once. And seeing the joy and excitement on Chloe’s face is too too much cuteness overload. So why deny the Frozen. Check out Chloe’s Frozen Party here - by one of my favourite mama bloggers, Phanie.
Phanie is all the things: hilarious, gorgeous, creative, sweet, funny, dead honest, and she lays it all out there – the incredible days and the dark days of motherhood, creative life, everything. I wish I could be more like that in my writing and I admire that so much in Phanie – check out her blog Gang Of Four. She’s about to blast out a THIRD BABE into the world too – amazing!
So there you have it. My Frozen princess cake – cute little meringue kisses and all! All my love to your sweet family, Phanie! And happy happy birthday Chloe! “Let it gooooooo….!” xo Lyndsay
Mountains + Moon Snowy Cake For Poppytalk: Holiday Cuteness!
by tag - not 0, greater than 1
Noot Noot – Pink Penguin Cake Tutorial
White Fluffy Cat & Alpine Ski Theme Cupcakes