Woof woof – this easy chocolate bark recipe is so simple to make for the holidaze, or top a party cake, or to crunch and munch while slumped out like a potato sack for an evening of couch-sitting. Make it as a hostess gift, or break into shards and set in a candy dish for your own holiday fete.
How’s your holidaze going?? I was reminded recently of this super cute DIY silver fringe letter garland I made last year – made with supplies you have kicking around your house. I should break out those JOY letters … where on earth did I put them again (ie which random box did I stuff them into last January…)
Easy Chocolate Bark Recipe
16 shards of varying sizes
For The Chocolate Bark
- 4 cups of high quality dark or milk chocolate - I used Lindt Surfin brand dark chocolate
- Mix-ins of your choice. I used crushed up meringue kisses and sprinkles.
- Over low heat (or in the top of a bain-marie) – carefully melt your chocolate, watching it to ensure it does not burn.
- Once melted, pour onto a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet, spreading with an offset spatula to the edges.
- Sprinkle your favourite toppings on.
- Let set in fridge for an hour until firm.
- Break into pieces and enjoy!
You can use it to adorn a cake like this peanut butter chocolate cake I made last month:
Or add crushed candy canes and wrap it up for quick and easy holiday presents!
MAKE AND SNACK your way to holiday weight gain around the interweb:
Gingerbread terrariums cuteness by Molly Yeh!
These happy chappy vintage looking gingerbread men cookies by Sweetapolita
Edible gifts in jars, the most beautiful ones ever!
This pecan salty tart from Design Sponge is calling me naaaaaame!
Steph knows a thing or two about a thing or two! Treats to make and gift – EAT IT!
Fuggedabout going easy times – go WILD TIMES with Alison’s Cookie Party! I just bought this and can’t wait to watch it!
Instant Lyndsay Sung CLICKBAIT are the words PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE.
Artful Cakeful Rosette Cupcakes
by tag - not 0, greater than 1
Black Panther Cake For Genius Kitchen
Strawberry Swiss Meringue Buttercream Two Ways