Note to self: never layer a f*cking dessert again. Do it for food photos, but then when you want to eat it yourself – JAM IT ALL TOGETHER IN A NORMAL PERSON BOWL. You’ll still get all the elements of this beautifully easy summer blackberry lemon parfait. Cool, creamy, not-too-sweet whipped mascarpone, the tang of lemon and blackberry and the crispy toasted texture of the salted oat cookie crumble.
I used store-bought lemon curd because I am completely okay with not making every element from scratch. But if you want to make the lemon curd, I’ve made Martha Stewart’s lemon curd recipe several times with excellent results. I also added a smidgen of blackberry jam on the top of the parfait too for an extra colour blast!
Blackberry Lemon Parfait With Oat Cookie Crumble + Whipped Mascarpone
4 parfaits in 6 ounce glasses
For The Oat Cookie Crumble
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar (or light brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small cubes, at room temperature
For The Whipped Mascarpone
- 8 ounces of mascarpone, room temperature
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- zest of one small lemon
- 1 cup heavy cream (33% milk fat), cold
Make The Oat Cookie Crumble
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the sugar, oats, flour and salt.
- Add the unsalted butter, using your fingers to combine it all together until incorporated enough that it forms clumps.
- Using your fingers, place the oat mixture clumps onto the parchment paper, spreading out evenly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until toasty and browned. Let cool completely before using.
Make The Whipped Mascarpone
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the beater attachment, whip the mascarpone, icing sugar and lemon zest on high to give it some volume.
- Turn off the mixer; swap out to the whisk attachment.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl; add the cold whipping cream and beat on low until incorporated, about 30 seconds.
- Beat on medium-high until soft peaks form.
Assemble The Parfait
- Using a spoon, dollop a generous amount of whipped mascarpone into the bottom of your bowl or glass.
- Add a layer of lemon curd.
- Add another layer of mascarpone.
- Add a generous crumbly amount of cooled oat cookie crumble, broken into small pieces.
- Add another dollop of mascarpone.
- Add a spoonful of blackberry jam and top with fresh blackberries!
You will have plenty of oat cookie crumble left over – but I tell ya, this stuff won’t last long. Whether you’re sprinkling it straight into your mouth or topping an ice cream sundae, it really is crunchy salty sweet delicious! xo Lyndsay
by tag - not 0, greater than 1
Macerated Strawberry Pavlova
Apple Cake Toppers + Apple Pie Donut Recipe