Coconut macaroons – simple, sweet, chewy, crunchy with a touch of pure almond extract and plenty of coconut, of course. This recipe uses Smitten Kitchen‘s “throw ‘em in a food processor” method for easy mixing. Blammo – you’re done!
Easy Coconut Macaroons
Makes 1 dozen
- 3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 4 egg whites
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon pure almond extract
- teensy pinch of sea salt
Make the Macaroons
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Blend all of your ingredients in a blender or food processor for 1 minute.
- Scoop out using an ice cream scoop onto your baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until coconut looks cutely browned on top, turning pans halfway to ensure even baking.
- Let cool on baking sheet.
- Pile them up on a plate and lie in bed with a beautifying face mask on, snacking on the macaroons like bonbons.
Styling tip: I wanted to add some colour to my plate of macaroons so I added fresh berries and some pretty petals and flower buds from my own garden. What are your favourite ways to jazz up a food photo?
Coco Cake Land elsewhere this week:
Want to know some easy tips for photographing your cakes successfully? Check out my post on How To Photograph Cakes on Craftsy.
I'm in LOVE with these frilly, ruffly, feminine ballerina-inspired cakes on Craftsy.
Shrooming and zooming away at Handmade Charlotte - mushroom cupcake topper DIY.
Happy Friday everyone!
Cooking Books: Julia, Child and Chocolate Almond Cupcakes Recipe
by tag - not 0, greater than 1
Earl Grey Cream Pavlova
Easy Chocolate Ganache Pie Recipe – OHHH YEAH!