I got 99 problems and a cookie is one.
Guys, does anyone else have major devouring issues when it comes to peanut butter and chocolate as a combination? A few weeks ago I was craving PB+C so bad that I put one spoon of peanut butter in my mouth, crammed in some chocolate chips and then jammed in some graham cracker crumbs. Brutal. And I wonder why my muffin top won’t budge. It’s more of a cookie top at this point. If you’ve got the craving and you have 20 minutes, you’ll be able to slam these puppies together rather quickly. Plus, I used spelt flour to pretend it’s healthier, so you’ve got that on your side, too.
Peanut Butter Milk Chocolate Cookies with Maldon Sea Salt
You will need
- 1 cup of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup of unsalted smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup golden brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups of spelt flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 cups good quality milk chocolate pieces
- a few tiny flakes of Maldon sea salt for the tops of each cookie
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer or using handheld beaters, cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugars on high until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the bowl. On low speed, add the egg and the pure vanilla extract. Mix until incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
- With the mixer on low, add the dry ingredients to the butter/peanut butter mixture until a dough forms. Mix to combine.
- Add milk chocolate pieces. I used Lindt milk chocolate. Mix on low to combine. Save some pieces to decorate the tops of your cookies.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or your clean hands, scoop out 1 1/2 inch balls of dough evenly spaced on your parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Press a piece of milk chocolate onto the top of each cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 11-13 minutes, turning pans halfway to ensure even baking.
- When the cookies are out of the oven, add a few Maldon sea salt flakes to the top of each cookie.
Now load up a plate and I’ll meet you on the couch for snack and relaxation time!
Rainbow Butterfly Cake
by tag - not 0, greater than 1
Buttercream Rose Petal Mini Cakes
Cookie Problems: Coconut Sugar Milk Chocolate Cookies