I’m freaking out over this iced matcha latte with coffee jelly drink (could I just be on an insane caffeine high from drinking two of these in a row? Probably.) I don’t think I’ve ever posted a drink recipe on this blog but this is GOLDEN and will catapult your hot summery day into icey matcha green tea milky condensed milk coffee jelly outer space. Inspired by one of my favourite little cafes here in Vancouver, this drink is painfully easy to make, which is always A-PLUS IN MY BOOKS. This iced matcha latte is for those people (MY PEOPLE!) that love bubble tea and jelly-type stuff in their cold drinks. You’ll need bubble tea straws to slurp up all the sweet coffee goodness. It also brings together Japan (matcha) and Vietnam (condensed milk coffee jelly cubes!) and America (milk??). Run, run! Hurry and make this and watch your day get better!!
Iced Matcha Latte With Coffee Jelly
2 matcha lattes
For The Condensed Milk Coffee Jelly
- 2 packets of unflavoured gelatine powder (I used Knox brand - it comes with 4 packets)
- 2 shots of strong good quality espresso with boiling water added to make 2 cups of liquid
- 1 300 ml can of sweetened condensed milk
For The Matcha Latte
- 2 teaspoons green tea matcha powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated white sugar
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 cups of your favourite milk (I used organic 2% milk)
- ice cubes!
Make The Coffee Jelly
- Place 1/2 cup of cold water in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the contents of the gelatin packets on top of the water, lightly stirring to combine – allow it to bloom, about ten minutes.
- Stir in the hot espresso coffee mixture until combined.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk mixture and lightly stir until incorporated.
- Pour into an oblong glass pan or dish – I used my 3 quart/2.8 L glass baking pan.
- Let the gelatin set up overnight, and it will be ready for lattes in the morning!
Make The Matcha Latte
- In a small bowl, whisk together the matcha powder, sugar and boiling water to form a paste.
- Pour milk into a liquid measuring cup.
- Add the matcha paste to the milk, whisking until combined.
Assemble The Drinks
- Remove coffee jelly from the fridge; using a paring knife, slice jelly into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Spoon the coffee jelly into a glass, about 1/3 full.
- Add 4-5 cubes of ice (your preference)
- Divide evenly and pour the matcha milk into the glasses.
- Place a bubble tea straw in the glass and DRINK AWAY!
Recipe notes: You will have plenty of coffee jelly leftover – but making the matcha latte is so easy, you can reserve the jelly for the following morning, and so on, and so on – til the jelly is all eaten up. The matcha latte recipe can easily be doubled to accommodate 4 latte-drinkers. If you prefer a sweeter matcha latte, you can add an extra teaspoon per serving as you like it. Happy summer vibes, my friends! xo Lyndsay
Coffee Toffee Strawberry Chocolate Cake Recipe
by tag - not 0, greater than 1
Matcha Frankenstein Totoro Cake
Buttercream Piped Mushroom Cookie Cake Toppers!