I LOVE COOKIES!!
I think I may be on a lifelong search for the most delicious chocolate chip cookies. Any bakery I step into, I examine the chocolate chip cookie. Often I will buy it, and sadly more often than not I am disappointed. But not in a jerky way! But… maybe it’s too puffy, too flour-y, too sugary sweet, not enough chocolate… man I have a lot of beefs with chocolate chip cookies.
My ideal choco chip cookies are crisp, with really good melty high quality chocolate, not too sweet with a touch of salt. I think these guys make the cut, and they are so easy to make, you’ll be chomping down on a few before you can say “Whut? Vegan? No butter? Cahmannn”… vegan or no vegan, these cookies can be filed under crazy delicious. They spread into crisp, flat-ish “buttery” discs… best served fresh out-tha-oven with a tall glass of ice cold unsweetened almond milk, or whatever milk you fancy!
Maybe possibly the best? I’m not bragging because this isn’t my original recipe – we have the ladies behind the first How It All Vegan book to thank! I used spelt flour in this recipe too! But you can easily use all purpose flour. I just like to spelt it up whenever I can. Okay! Done talking! Go!
Maybe Possibly The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup margarine (I used Earth Balance brand)
- ½ cup vegetable oil (i used canola)
- ¾ cup golden brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 ¼ cup spelt flour
- ½ cup sea salt
- 2 cups chopped Lindt dark chocolate (a dairy free variety)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. You will need two baking sheets and parchment paper (optional).
- In a medium bowl, mix together the margarine, oil, sugar, vanilla and water until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the spelt flour and the salt.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the wet mixture.
- Add chopped chocolate into the mix!
- Using a small ice cream scoop, dole out 2 inch balls onto two parchment paper covered baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, turning pans halfway, until cookies are lightly browned on the bottom.
- Leave to cool on baking pans.
Spelt Flour Banana Chocolate Chip Cake
by tag - not 0, greater than 1
Spelt Banana Buttermilk Bundt Cake Recipe (with Chocolate Chips)
Buttercream Rose Petal Mini Cakes