I’ll have a side of tropical with my donuts, please! I know it’s summer but that doesn’t mean you ONLY have to eat frozen stuff. Donuts are still totally face cram-able! This coconut donut recipe’s got rich coconut milk, the flavours of vanilla, nutmeg and almond, topped with a creamy sugar glaze and a coating of white unsweetened coconut flakes. Cram jam!
For The Donuts
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ⅓ cup golden brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pure almond extract
- 2 ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup coconut milk
For The Glaze
- 2 cups of icing sugar
- 10+ teaspoons of coconut milk (add more or less coconut milk to get the desired glaze consistency! I like my glaze on the thicker side).
- Large white unsweetened coconut flakes
Make The Donuts
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Oil your donut baking pans with a small amount of vegetable oil.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, oil and sugars until smooth and creamy.
Add the eggs, mixing to combine.
Stir in the baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, salt and vanilla and almond extract.
Add the flour into the wet mixture, alternating with the coconut milk until combined. Do not overmix.
Fill your donut pans 3/4 full with the donut batter. Tip: Use a piping bag or large ziploc bag to fill the donut cavities; fill the bag first with batter, then snip a ¼ inch hole in the bag’s tip and pipe into the cavities.
Bake at 400 degrees for 7-8 minutes, or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Do not overbake!
Remove donuts from pans and let cool on wire racks.
Make The Glaze
- In a medium bowl, whisk together icing sugar and coconut milk until combined.
Once donuts are completely cooled, dunk into the glaze!
Fill another bowl with the white coconut flakes; while the glaze is still wet, dunk into the coconut flakes bowl, coating the donut.
Happy donut making and eating, cake pals! xo Lyndsay
Cookie Problems: Coconut Macaroon Recipe
by tag - not 0, greater than 1
Donuts Macarons + Drugs
Glazed + Confused: Donut Try To Deny The Power Of Donuts