Molly YEH! Like a big old YAY. This woman. She brightens the internet like a half Chinese half Jewish, percussion-playing gorgeous firecracker blasting through the milky way, and she’s getting married to an EGG. A handsome, beet-farmer, musician-with-shaggy-hair EGG. So, to celebrate this wonderful union (ok, he has a name – Nick!) I made the couple this virtual vegan chocolate ganache pie studded like an 1980s punker jacket with fresh raspberries.
If I wasn’t already in internet-friend-love with Molly, this lefse New York Times video made me fall deeper into internet-friend-love. Can a young lady be any cuter, more appealing, more charming than Molly? Can her fiancée get any more hunky? Can life get any more stressful than when Molly tries to lift up that mega-sized lefse in front of her future in-laws and a camera crew?? Side note: I am obsessed with squishing/squeezing/making Play-dough-hair and “ricing” things through a “ricer”, officially the most Oriental sounding kitchen tool ever. (oh wait, there’s a Chinois- that’s the most Oriental sounding kitchen tool ever).
This pie is so easy you can practically be sleeping or washing your hair while making it. It’s got a delightfully simple coconut oil and cookie crumb crust, and a chocolate ganache filling made with coconut milk and finished with fresh berries. That’s IT. You can even gluten-free-it-up by using gluten-free cookies.
It’s rich, it’s simple, it’s scrumdillyumptious. It’s my pie tribute to the soon-to-be-wed couple!!
Vegan Chocolate Ganache Pie With Raspberries
For The Crust
- 5 tablespoons of good quality coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups of Anna's ginger thins, crushed
For The Ganache
- 1½ cups of full fat coconut milk
- 10 ounces dark chocolate, chopped (roughly 2 cups)
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
Make The Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil.
- In a food processor or using a rolling pin and a tightly sealed plastic Ziploc bag, blend or crush the cookies into crumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted coconut oil and cookie crumbs until the mixture resembles a wet sand.
- Press the mixture into a pie pan.
- Bake for ten minutes; let cool completely before filling. Note: the crust might “puff up” a bit in the oven; when you remove it, simply press back into place, being careful not to burn yourself!
Make The Ganache
- While the crust is baking, heat the coconut milk in a medium saucepan until it reaches a low boil – medium heat. Watch that it doesn’t burn.
- Remove the coconut milk from the stovetop; carefully pour in the chopped chocolate, making sure the chocolate is covered by the milk.
- Let sit for ten minutes, then slowly whisk to combine.
- Power-chill the ganache in the freezer for 30 minutes to help it thicken.
- Once the ganache is cooled and thickened, pour into the pie shell. Chill for 4-6 hours in the fridge to help it firm up, or overnight.
- Before serving, place fresh raspberries on top of the chocolate ganache, dust with a touch of icing sugar (optional!) and serve!
I am a major crier at weddings – I’m deeply sentimental, emotional. I’ve been with my man for almost 14 years – and we’ve certainly had our ups and downs, some minor, some major.
At weddings I can’t help but think about a couple’s future, and all that lays ahead – all those precious sweet times, maybe a baby or two, all the love, maybe some fights, years of silly jokes, intimacy, book-reading, traveling, family events, building a home together, and even some sadness and inevitable loss as time whirls by, sand in the hourglass style. I think about the Carpenters, and how this song makes me cry. I think about the Mamas and The Papas, and how this song makes me cry a little more – but it’s all just a beautiful mess. We don’t know what lies ahead, and we are damn lucky if we can find someone whom we cherish and love enough to want to call ours for a lifetime. So to Molly and Nick – wishing you the most beautiful time ever, full of lefse, love and laughs! Truly!! With love from your friend, Lyndsay
Chocolate Caramel Mac Nut Tart
by tag - not 0, greater than 1
Cherry Bombe Jubilee Cake Of Insanity!
Molly On The Range: Chocolate Tahini Cake With Tahini Frosting!