Coconut macaroons – simple, sweet, chewy, crunchy with a touch of pure almond extract and plenty of coconut, of course. This recipe uses Smitten Kitchen‘s “throw ’em in a food processor” method for easy mixing. Blammo – you’re done!
Easy Coconut Macaroons
- 3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 4 egg whites
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon pure almond extract
- teensy pinch of sea salt
Make the Macaroons
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Blend all of your ingredients in a blender or food processor for 1 minute.
- Scoop out using an ice cream scoop onto your baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until coconut looks cutely browned on top, turning pans halfway to ensure even baking.
- Let cool on baking sheet.
- Pile them up on a plate and lie in bed with a beautifying face mask on, snacking on the macaroons like bonbons.