I had a really crappy peanut butter cookie the other day. I kind of really hate crappy cookies and I hate to be a jerk about calling someone else’s cookie crappy, especially a kindly old lady selling her baked goods at a booth at the Grand Forks British Columbia farmer’s market. But darn it, it was like biting into old dust compacted into a puffy disc. Super dry, super old tasting like it had been in the freezer for three months, uncovered. So, I had to redeem that taste in my mouth. I needed to make peanut butter cookies, STAT. Mine needed to be moist, packed with peanut butter, non-puffy (I like my cookies flat! Weirdo!) and slam jammed with chocolate chips (why not!?). I opted for no flour, because I wanted to anti-puff these guys. So here ya go – peanut butter chocolate chip cookies recipe, dinner plate sized!
Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
For the cookies
- 1 ¼ cup crunchy peanut butter, use the crappy supermarket kind, not the natural stuff, for this recipe!
- 1 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
Make the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix all of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips until combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, dole out portions of the batter onto baking sheet, evenly spaced with 2 inches in between.
- With clean hands, flatten the balls down into hamburger like patties. Sprinkle chocolate chips generously on top of the cookies and press down into the batter.
- Bake for 12 minutes until lightly browned. Cookies will puff up and flatten back down into dinner plate sized cookies.
Leave a Reply