You know my deal. Sweet and easy, casual times. This pie is that. That pie is this. Pie, pie, who am I??? No but really – easy chocolate ganache pie recipe, right here, right now. Ohhh yeah. I’m busting through a brick wall like a giant glass jug sloshing with electric pink Kool-Aid yelling “this is EASY, guys!!! EASY!” If you want to complicate things, make your pie crust from scratch, because… I just used a frozen pie shell. ZING! Gimme another OHHH YEAHHH!!!
But isn’t it pretty? I would wear this as a face mask if I didn’t hate having food on my skin. The reason why I know I hate having food on my skin is because in grade 9, I was on student council and for a fundraiser, we had pies thrown at our faces. Disgusting whipped edible oil product pies thrown at us. I can still feel the remnants of non-dairy oiliness in my ear. It felt like it would never come off of my skin. Also: make this pie or I will pinch the above blackberry til it bursts into a million little juicy tangy bits.
Chocolate Ganache Pie with Fresh Berries
For the crust
- Walk to your nearest supermarket and go down the frozen foods aisle.
- Open up those cool heavy doors and let that cold air blast at your face.
- Select your favourite frozen pie crust. , I selected Tenderflake because they paid me to – but it really did bake up all cute and wonderful!
- Pay for your frozen pie crust.
- Bag it and bring it home. See you over at Ingredients Two!
For the chocolate ganache filling
- 2 cups of full fat high quality coconut milk
- 1 pound of good quality semi-sweet or dark chocolate – chopped chocolate, or chocolate chips
- fresh berries
- edible flowers
Make the pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring the frozen pie shell to room temperature; poke all over with a fork.
- Bake in the oven for ten minutes; let it cool completely on a wire rack.
Make the Ganache
- In a medium saucepan, heat the coconut milk on medium heat unit it reaches a low boil.
- Remove from heat; add the chocolate, making sure the coconut milk covers the chocolate.
- Let it sit untouched for ten minutes.
- After ten minutes, gently whisk together until a glossy smooth ganache forms.
- Pour ganache into cooled pie shell and chill for 60 minutes until set.
- Decorate with fresh berries, edible flowers, fresh herbs.