Another fantastically easy/lazy-times recipe to follow:
Matcha green tea frozen cream bars! Last summer I spent a long time googling the heck out of ice cream bar molds. There are crazy expensive ones out there, and at the same time there are excellent D.I.Y. ways to make em: how about pouring your treat recipe into shot glasses, freezing them for 15 minutes then jamming a wooden stick in there, then letting them set til ready? Orangette has a lovely tutorial on it.
Or, do what I did … on a trip to DAISO, which is one of Richmond’s excellent dollar-store-esque emporiums,I found the cutest little 4-pop popsicle molds for $2/each. Problem solved! Now, what to put in them??
Matcha Green Tea Cream Pops
- 3 cups cream, 33%
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- a pinch of salt
- 2 heaping teaspoons of matcha green tea powder
- I combined 3 cups of cream (33%), ½ cup of sweetened condensed milk (my favourite ice cream “creamifier” and sweetener), a pinch of salt, and 2 heaping teaspoons of matcha green tea powder in a medium sized pot on the stovetop, whisking over medium high heat until everything blended together.
- I then poured the mixture through a fine mesh strainer to strain out any gunk, cooled it for 20 minutes in the freezer, then poured directly into my ice pop molds.
- You will want these to freeze overnight for maximum popsicle-ness! I was trying to make these less-sweet than usual, but you can feel free to play around with the condensed milk amount.
Enjoy being lazy in putting together this simple but deliciously creamy and green tea-ey cream pop! Ahhh, the magic of frozen stuff!Next up for ice cream pops: fresh raspberry frozen yogurt pops! Stay tuned! ^__^