I had a really crappy peanut butter cookie the other day. I kind of really hate crappy cookies and I hate to be a jerk about calling someone else’s cookie crappy, especially a kindly old lady selling her baked goods at a booth at the Grand Forks British Columbia farmer’s market. But darn it, it was like biting into old dust compacted into a puffy disc. Super dry, super old tasting like it had been in the freezer for three months, uncovered. So, I had to redeem that taste in my mouth. I needed to make peanut butter cookies, STAT. Mine needed to be moist, packed with peanut butter, non-puffy (I like my cookies flat! Weirdo!) and slam jammed with chocolate chips (why not!?). I opted for no flour, because I wanted to anti-puff these guys. So here ya go – peanut butter chocolate chip cookies recipe, dinner plate sized!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
6 huge or 18 normal sized cookies
For The Cookies
- 1 ¼ cup crunchy peanut butter (use the crappy supermarket kind, not the natural stuff, for this recipe!)
- 1 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
Make The Cookies
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix all of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips until combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, dole out portions of the batter onto baking sheet, evenly spaced with 2 inches in between.
- With clean hands, flatten the balls down into hamburger like patties. Sprinkle chocolate chips generously on top of the cookies and press down into the batter.
- Bake for 12 minutes until lightly browned. Cookies will puff up and flatten back down into dinner plate sized cookies.
What are your dream cookie requirements? Packed with chocolate? Buttery and crisp? Oat filled and gargantuan? Dripping with icing?
Friday linkage also known as super duper into:
I love the obsessiveness of this Funfetti Cake research and the final cake IS SO CUTE!
Deeply stoked on The Dessert Psycho. This dude is way cool. He would hate my cakes and call them a “hunk of shit” but that’s ok. I want to get his book Brooks Headley’s Fancy Desserts so bad, not only because his recipes and general approach sound awesome but because I love a cookbook with some sweet back story, hilarious writing and some swearing. Here’s another link for an interview with Brooks Headley.
Do you own this Four and Twenty Blackbirds pie book yet!? It is great. The flavours, the recipes, those adorable and mega cool sisters – pie is in their blood and heritage.
Since we’ve been living in rural Christina Lake BC for the past few weeks while Rich does his rural elective at the hospital close by, I’ve been drawn to the idea of my forever dream of opening a tiny spot in a rural place. I was reminded of All Citizens who did just that in Bruno, Saskatchewan.
White Lung, guys. Raddest shredding lady band and maybe worst website ever which I’m sure is entirely on purpose. Reminds me of my first Angelfire website. They have a new album called Deep Fantasy which makes this 37 year old mom and baker and Chinese person RAWK OUT
Happy weekend, pals! xo Lyndsay
Leave a Reply